The September 8th in currently on hold. Stay Tuned!
We raised $50,000.00 at the Boston Pizza FUNDRAISER. What a great night, thank you to everyone who participated and got involved to help make this night a great success. Check out the gallery link for updated photos.
ITEMS DONATED for the FUNDRAISER-THANK YOU SO MUCH
Jeff Wheatley-BOSTON PIZZA-Donated food, MOLSONS, LABATTS, BP venue and staff and items for the auction
Rick Hansen-Sturgeon Fishing Trip on the Fraser River, with Rick attending, value TBD-Live Auction
Alan Haines (LondonDrugs)-Kitchen Aid Blender, Printer-Scanner, Keyboard Piano, Electric Keyboard, Multi Charging Station, Software, House Transmitter, headphones, Deluxe Gift Baskets, Baby Gift Mat, Food Basket, X Box Games, Seiki Surround Sound, all value $1500
Alan Haines-Two Paintings donated by Keith Nolan, http://keithnolanart.com/, value $2000
Guy Dale-Bonnie Lee Charters-Fishing Trip for 5 for Crab & Salmon for 5 hrs- value $1200-Live Auction
Kathy & Mark Cybulskie-Sturgeon Fishing Trip on the Fraser, with Mark and Kathy as guides, value $600 plus
Paolo Aquilini-Tara Clark-Canucks- Canucks Jersey Autographed by entire roster, value$1200-Live Auction
Calgary Flames (Shauna Gooliaff)-Calgary Flames Jersey, value $1000-Live Auction
Sean Seyler-Ocean Park Lighting-Ipad 2-16gb-White, value $600 plus
Lynn Onley-Two beautiful paintings from her and her father, Toni’s collection value $2000
Paul Girodo-Framed and autographed Wayne Gretzky NY Rangers Jersey, value $2500-Live Auction
Bob Silzer-Cactus Club-value $500 GC for Cactus Club
Steve Krueckl-Wayne Dennison-Cactus Club-value $500 GC for Cactus Club
Darren Popoff-Snow Board Boots-2 Pairs, value $150 plus
Penninsula Runners-Darren Popoff-Running shirt and $90 GC for a running clinic, value $150
Bruno Benedet-Gift Basket assorted Italian Foods, value $150
Karen White-Gift Baskets, value- TBD
Anonymous- Event Tickets in a BOX Suite (HSBC Level) for Nickelback, value-TBD
Scarlett Ballantyne-Stella & Dot Earrings & GC for merchandise and in home function, value $150
Excellent Ice (Jeff Wheatley)-$500 gift card towards hockey benefits
Grant Gray-Mayfair Lakes G.C-Foursome of Golf w carts, valued at $500
Kristen Silzer-Redwoods G.C-Foursome of Golf w Carts, value at $500
Rob Silzer-Seymour Golf G.C-Golf Bag, value $200
McDonalds B.C-Andrew Ladd Autographed & Framed Picture from the WPG Jets, value $350 plus
Wayne Volmer (Morgan Creek G.C)-Foursome w Carts, value $500
James Day-GC for La Quercia Rest., Dinner and Wine Pairing, value $150
Paul John-GC for Fairview GC and CC, Foursome and assorted items, value $800 plus
Marty Chong-Ticket master GC-$50.00
Hak Choi-Bottle of Imported Tequila, value $180
Judy Baker (Sand Piper)-Gift Baskets, Many Many Gifts, value-TBD
PJ Harris-Russell Brewing-Beer and swag, value $300
Mike Whitmey-Fraser Valley Wireless-Samsung TAB 8.9 and a Windows Nokia Lumia 710 Device, value $1100
Helen Mclean-Sun Peaks Condo for 3 nights and 3 days, value $600 plus
John Trickett-Box of Romeo Y Julieta Churchills Tubos Cigars, value $1000-Live Auction
Linda Trickett/Craig Harding of Langley Optometry-Pair of Mens RAYBAN Sunglasses, value $200
Don Adamson-Set of Clevland Golf Irons, value $700
Neil & Izzy Dawe-Outerwear Custom Fitted Theta AR Jacket, value $400 plus
Trevor Linden-Signed & Framed 16×24″ Trevor Linden Original of last game as a Canuck-value $ TBD Live Auction
John Pierce- $500 GC to The CROSS furniture store in Yale Town
Iris Optical-$500 Iris dollars towards any product purchase (details to Follow)
Claudia Rojas-Custom Jewellery-Crystal Beaded Necklace w a Pendant, value $60.00
Trent Carroll- Canucks Merchandise, value-TBD
GOOD 4 U- Thank you Andrew!!! 4 Flats of recovery drinks and 2 caps, value $100
Nelson Simose/WealthSense Financial Group-$250 GC for Cactus Club
New Balance-Paul-Cam Melnyk-GC, value $150
CDN Western Bank-Gift basket of BBQ Tools ans Wine, value $150
Jeff Kingdon-Canucks Jersey -NASLUND-unsigned, value $200
Sharon Greyson-Tsawwassen Springs Golf, value $ TBD
Everything Wine-Gift Basket, value $100
365 Drive Fitness-Steve Carter- Two Personal Golf Training Sessions, value $200
The Keg-$200 GC (details to follow)
The Quay Rstnt-$200 GC (details to follow)
Westcoast Hot Yoga- Towel water bottle and 10 days straight of yoga, value $75
Fundraising Efforts-Past & Upcoming
1) City of White Rock special events co-ordinator and Richards good friend Amy Baumann, YOU ROCK GIRL- has set up the Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Relay, which was on May 19 at the White Rock Community Centre . The city’s firefighters have also committed to donating partial proceeds from their barbecue for Richards cause. Thank You. It was a great success
2) MV Transportation, Inc (Handy Dart) Richard’s employer has made a generous donation for Richards cause in the amount of $20,000.00. WOW, great job to all involved, the staff, Edna (GM) and Alex Lodde (Founder). Also, Hany Dart has a program that the employees are contributing towards for Richards cause. Tim from Handy Dart is also creating his own Trust on behalf of Richard, thank you Tim, Edna and ALex and al the employees who have contributed.
3) Innovative Fitness in White Rock located at # 3238 King George Boulevard in South Surrey committed to a saturday morning “circuit class” with all proceeds going to Richard`s cause, raising $1250.00 and IF’s owner Curtis has matched the amount for a roaring $2500.00 raised. Thank You Curtis and staff.
4) The Hair Art Academy owned by Elke Ross, located at 101- 15585 – 24th ave in South Surrey, organized a very sucessful “Cutathon” for Richard on June 3rd from 10 a.m to 3 p.m in the parking lot. It was alot of fun. Elke has raised $1700.00 and. Thank You Elke.
5) Eric Ferris was involved in the Rick Hansen Medal Relay on May 14th in Abbottsford. There was a 250 meter stretch in support of Richard. Thank You Eric.
6) The Fraser Valley Realestate Board, Richard was a member has made a donation in the amount of $1500.00 towards Richard cause. Thank you to the B.O.D and Mr.Rick Wood.
7) The Canadian and B.C Realestate Associations and R.E.M Magazine are all helping spread the awareness of Richard`s story through social media and regional Realestate Boards. Thank You Jim Adair (Editor in Chief).
8) Thank you to “Mozzy Music” band (www.mozzymusic.com) for allowing part of there proceeds from there CD release party on June 22-12 at Rowans Rooftop in Kitsilano. They are friends with Stephanie Appleby Jones. Steph, you rock girl!!! Victor, thank you for your compassion and generosity. You are good people. If anyone can make it out to there CD release party, please attend, they are a kick ass band and its worth the night out. And a great cause. Good Luck with your CD release party guys.
9) Thank you to Judy, Michael and Bill at the Sandpiper Pub in White Rock for helping support Richard’s cause by selling tickets, bringing many items to the auction and creating awareness for the Fundraiser. You guys all rock.
10) Thank you to Jenn at the Sandcastle Bowling Lanes for helping support Richard’s cause byway of selling tickets for the Fundraiser on June 6th. Thank you thank you thank you.
11) Special thanks to South Surrey Parks and Rec, Black Bond Books, Kids Books, Hidden Gem Hair Studio, Hillcrest Video
12) Scott Atkins is planning on having a dance in September before Hockey starts and is raising funds from the dance to Richards cause. We will help in anyway we can top make it a success. Scott has other plans as well to help create more awareness. Lets do what we can to help Scott make it a success. Thank you Scott, your a good man.
Thank you Thank you Thank you, to all the donators for your support. Its wonderful and we would never be able to achieve what we want to achieve without your help.